We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This post is sponsored by Flexitol.
I can’t wait to say goodbye to the cold weather of Winter and welcome the warmth of Spring! Prepping for Spring is more than just putting the warm boots and thick coats away though. I always amp up my self care routine to include a few pedicures and some extra foot care because let’s be real, we are getting ready for sandal season!
I like to think I’ve mastered the at home pedicure. It’s no surprise since all the nail salons have been shut down near me for close to a year. Foot care is always something I’ve made sure to keep up on, especially when the weather changes and when I workout almost everyday. A good foot pamper season is always a nice treat.
My At Home Pedi Steps
- Warm epsom salt soak. I love Epsom salts with essential oils…it gives off that spa vibe!
- Cut down toenails. I have struggled with cutting my own nails for years. I find that if I cut just a little I can always file to my desired length.
- Cuticle care. I like using a cuticle remover solution and gently pushing back my cuticles. I don’t cut my cuticles anymore since I’ve heard it’s not great to do.
- Polish. I tend to reach for a white or nude. I think they go well with any type of outfit or sandal!
- Foot cream. Recently I’ve been using Flexitol because it really hydrates and moisturizes my feet. My skin has never been so soft!
Personally, I like to keep it simple when it comes to at home pedicures. I enjoy warm epson salt soaks, a little cuticle care and some nail polish. A good foot lotion is crucial too, that’s why I use Flexitol. Flexitol moisturizes, exfoliates and hydrates my feet leaving them soft and smooth. It also absorbs quick and doesn’t leave my feet greasy so I can get up and do whatever needs to be done around the house.
I feel that less is more when it comes to foot care. If you keep up with it and use a good foot cream like Flexitol, you won’t need much else. Flexitol can also soften and repair dry, cracked feet quickly, so it’s good to have on hand!
This past year has taught me a lot including how to adjust and that self care is really important. I’ve also discovered products that I can never live without again like Flexitol. I use to hit the nail salon a few times before I would even think about wearing sandals out of the house but since I’ve found Flexitol, getting ready for sandal season is so much easier!