We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I was introduced to NatureLab Tokyo at Generation Beauty this past March in L.A.. I’ve become somewhat of a hair care connoisseur since chopping my locks off after my wedding. I never used a lot of different products because nothing really worked for my hair type the way I wanted it to. I have thin, wavy but mostly straight, color treated hair and everything I’ve used for the most part has left me with heavy or greasy looking locks.
I was pretty excited to try NatureLab Tokyo products after reading a bit about them at the show. When I heard they were Japanese, I couldn’t wait! One day, I would love to travel to Japan just to get my hair done and eat of corse! That is honestly on my bucket list!
They use botanical technology, which is a first for me. They’ve researched and found a way to use active botanical stem cells to help maintain scalp health, improve follicle strength and promote hair growth.
NatureLab sent me their Repair line to test and try out which included Repair Shampoo, Repair Conditioner and Repair Treatment Masque. They also threw in their Shine Oil Mist and Volume Texture Mist.
I’m a huge fan of the Shine Oil Mist. I use it to finish my style before I leave for the day and before I straighten or curl my hair. I don’t blow-dry, but if I did, I’d spray some of the Shine Oil Mist beforehand. They say it’s for those with dull or drab hair who want to add shine to their locks. I’d say this is pretty accurate because it give me a shinier finish without being oily or weighing my hair down. I haven’t been able to place the pleasant scent on my own but just discovered its soft scents of violet and almond, thanks to the website!
Don’t let the word “oil” mislead you. This doesn’t make my hair oily at all. I’ve used a handful of hair oils in the past and none of them compare to the Shine Oil Mist. It literally feels like nothing in my hair when I touch it.
The Shine Oil Mist is made with…(from NatureLab Tokyo)
- Grape Stem Cells – A source of powerful antioxidants that reduce the oxidative damage to scalp papilla cells that revitalize and add shine to dull hair.
- Pearl Extract – Pearls act as a potent antioxidant, boosting hair’s own enzymes unveiling an iridescent finish.
- Platinum Fiber – Coats the hair with a platinum like shine without adding extra weight, lifting hair’s natural reflective properties to the surface exhibiting a lustrous, glossed finish.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Can absorb 1,000 times its own weight to secure moisture and add fullness to hair.
The Treatment Masque is another favorite of mine and I know once I run low I will be placing an order. I use it about twice a week and my hair absolutely loves it. It makes me hair super soft, adds shine and seems to help with damage. The scent is really light and is extremely fresh in my opinion. The website describes the scent as being inspired by Japanese bamboo forests with a hint of green tea and cypress.
The Repair Treatment Masque is made with…(from NatureLab Tokyo)
- Bamboo Stem Cells – Works to strengthen hair and promote healthy hair growth by extending the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle.
- Smart Keratin – Penetrates into the cortex of hair while reinforcing and protecting hair’s surface.
- Argan Oil – Provides extensive conditioning to restore luster and diminish frizz.
- Prickly Pear Oil – Rich in antioxidants, this lightweight oil shields strands from UV and free-radical damage.
I haven’t put the Repair Shampoo,Repair Conditioner or Volume Texture Mist to the full test yet, but if they are anything like the others, I know I will thoroughly enjoy them. I’m waiting to run low on some of my other products before opening anymore…trying to be smart!
NatureLab Tokyo is super affordable, which is a big plus in my book. Most of their products are under $20 and they offer free shipping often. I also love that they curate gift sets for those who want to buy a bundle and save some money.
I give two thumbs up to NatureLab Tokyo. They are affordable, their products work for me and they are cruelty free. The packaging is a big plus too since it’s so cute!
Like this post and want to see more? Go subscribe and follow me on Instagram!!
Disclaimer- NatureLab Tokyo sent me these products to enjoy. All opinions are 100% my own!