Those of you that follow me on Instagram know I love my masks. I’ve tried a lot of different types including sheet masks, gel masks, charcoal masks, and rubber masks, but I’ve never tried anything you keep on for eight hours.
I was sent these VII Code Oxygen Eye Masks to test and review last week, and I couldn’t wait to dip in and see how they work! They make some pretty amazing claims, so I had to put them to the test!
- Instantly refreshes skin
- Minimize visible signs of aging around the eyes
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes
- Instantly moisturizes the under eye area
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Boosts skin’s moisture content, reduce inflammation, and helps prevent moisture loss.
- Sodium PCA: Helps to retain moisture, prevents our skin cells from losing water and drying out, reduces inflammation, and prevents skin from aging.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that neutralizes the oxidant effect of free radicals, which damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Allantoin: Helps to soften and protect, while actively soothing skin. It also stimulates cell regeneration, promoting healthy skin.
- Aloe barbadensis, Algin: Helps to hydrate your skin.
Glycerin, Carbomer, Cellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis, Lavandula Angustifolia, Methyparaben, Propylparaben, Smart Q10, Aqua, Algin, Cellulose Gum, CitricAcid, Sorbitol, SodiumPCA, Butylene Glycol, y-PGA, Sodium Hyaluronate, vitamin E, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ethylbisimino methyl guaiacol Manganese Chloride.
Like I said, I was extremely excited to try these! I wanted to wait for a night where I knew I had to be up early for work as to not wear the patches for longer than the recommended eight hours. I cleansed my face, and did my normal routine that night. I didn’t use eye cream or put any oils or moisturizer near my eyes because I wanted to get the full effect of the masks. To my surprise they were extremely soft and flexible. I was really surprised at how comfortable they were to wear! They stuck pretty well to my skin, but I already knew that with the way I sleep, they probably wouldn’t last all night. They were super refreshing when I first put them on, and I could feel a bit of cooling, which was really nice. The gel felt great around the sensitive under eye area! I woke up at around the six hour mark and used the restroom to find one of the patches in my hair! I knew it would happen because I toss and turn when I sleep! I decided to take the survivor off and go back to sleep. I can honestly say that my under eye area felt hydrated, smooth, and refreshed when I woke again in the morning. There was no stickiness left behind, and absolutely no trace of the gel on my skin. The moisturizing effect lasted throughout the day, and I feel like they really did work in that aspect. No lines, or wrinkles disappeared overnight…DARN! There are no miracle products, so I wasn’t expecting to see any fine lines disappear. The company does suggest using three whole boxes before expecting to see any major benefits from the eye masks. These are definitely good masks in my opinion. Do they work miracles? No, but no product really does. Do they live up to their claims? I think they have the potential with extended use as the company suggests. I’d rate these 4/5, and would probably pick up another box if they were on sale. I really enjoyed the masks, and they did leave my under eye area moisturized. I liked how comfortable they were to wear, and the cooling effect of the gel.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of VIICode. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.