You’ve probably heard of some of these money saving apps, but have you ever used them?!?
I’m going to share some of the ways I’ve been able to actually make money while spending it. It’s not a gimmick, or a scam in any way, trust me! I shop on-line way too much, if that’s even possible, and I have a few different tricks up my sleeve.
- Ebates – This app has become extremely popular! There is a reason…it works! I’ve scored over $200 back from purchasing on-line and now they are offering in-store cash back! All you do is download the app or go to the website before you pick a store to shop at. They have tons of store to choose from, so you shouldn’t have a problem earning cash back quick!
- Retail Me Not – This one has been around for a while. They have a website and a convenient app to reference while out shopping. If you tend to forget your coupons at home, this app is right for you! It always saves me when I’m shopping at Bath and Body Works or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
- Ibotta – This is an app that gets a bit tricky. They real trick is to check it before you head out to the store. I use it for grocery’s and my Wal-Mart or Target trips. Each store has different cash back products, and you have to add them to your shopping list. When you get home, you have to scan the items to make sure they qualify and submit a picture of your receipt. They now have on-line stores available too! I’ve scored over $200 back from this app!
- American Express – If you happen to have an American Express credit card, you should download their app. Check your offers frequently, because they have amazing deals! I scored $30 back on my purchase of $100 at Macy’s this last Christmas! Right now they have offers for Hotels.com, ModCloth, Charming Charlie, and tons more! The card I happen to have has a point program too…score!
- Receipt Hog – This is kind of a cool app in my opinion. It earns points slow, but you really don’t have to do much. All you do is take pictures o your receipts. Gas, grocery, clothing…it really doesn’t matter what store you have a receipt from. As long as it’s within a certain time frame, you can take a picture and submit it! Sometimes you earn tokens or slot machine spins. They have monthly drawings for different prizes too. I haven’t been lucky enough to win anything big, and I probably only have about $10 accumulated, but I still find it rewarding!
- Cartwheel – If you love Target, you need the Cartwheel app! The app has tons of savings that are organized by category. You can add the different coupons to your account, and have the checker scan your bar code at checkout. I like the scanning feature the best. It allows you to scan the bar codes of different products and checks to see if there is a coupon for that item! Sometimes I forget to check the app before I leave the house, so I scan the products as I pile them in my cart, which makes it easy on me!
These options don’t count the numerous rewards programs you can sign up for and use while shopping! Always check those out when you’re in store or on-line!
Sign up and start saving! It’s fast, easy, and free! I’ve been really surprised but the amount of money I have earned back from shopping where I normally shop, for things I normally shop for! Why not earn cash back while shopping?!?
Let me know if you use any other apps or websites to earn cash back!
*Disclaimer* Some of these links are my affiliate links, and will benefit me (and you!) if you use them. If you are uncomfortable with that, please just use your browser and search the app or site in question.