I was lucky enough to attend Ipsy’s Generation Beauty this last weekend at L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California. It was my first time attending, and I was super excited to be able to join in on the fun this year!
I started preparing for the event about a week before. I checked out all the brand that were attending, and made sure to follow them all on Instagram, Facebook, and Snap Chat. I made a list of products I wanted to purchase, and my must see brands. The brands I wanted to see most included Colourpop, Make Up Forever, Milani, NYX, Tarte, theBalm, Benefit, Clinique, Dermalogica, Hourglass, NudeStix, OFRA, Belif, Cover FX, Pixi, and Purlisse.
I got up early Saturday morning and made my way to the event. I was lucky enough to Uber with someone so we didn’t have to deal with the traffic of downtown L.A..
After getting through registration, which was a bit confusing to say the least, I waited with a bunch of other awesome makeup lovers for the doors to open. I met so many awesome women, and had tons of great conversations in line! Everyone I met was amazing in their own way, and super nice! I was really surprised!
I did’t end up hitting every single booth at the event because of the long lines, but I had so much fun and scored tons of swag from the various booths. The tickets are well worth the price in my opinion, and the products being given out more than compensate for the price tag on those tickets.
If you want to attend an upcoming Generation Beauty event I recommend you prepare and follow this list!
• Wear comfy shoes, and comfy clothing. You will be on your feet all day, and standing in line a lot.
• Bring cash as well as a credit/debit card. Some booths don’t accept cash, and some have to share a card reader making the wait to purchase a little longer
• Bring a portable cell phone charger because some booths require you to take a picture and post it on your social media accounts as well as follow their brand on Instagram.
• Follow all the brands on Instagram before you get to the show, so it’s a bit easier for you to get your free items. Some of them require you to show them your phone, so I took a screen shot so I didn’t waste my phone battery.
• Bring snacks and water. They have a food truck and normally restaurants nearby, but you may not want to leave!
All in all, I had a blast! I met great people, and was able to connect with some of my favorite brands. I didn’t hit all the booths, but there is always next year!!